What's new

Finds At Galveston, Texas 5/15/10

  • Thread starter Thread starter Big1011Guy
  • Start date Start date
B

Big1011Guy

Guest
Claudia and I went to Galveston Saturday 5/15/10 for an early morning hunt.
Houston and Galveston had a somewhat Severe Rain Storm all day Friday into Friday night. I had no idea that it had eaten away as much sand from the beach area until we got there. I guess the waves must have been pretty rough to cut the beach the way it did. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures but there's over 12" in spots of sand eaten away so we were able to get to items that would normally be to deep for the detector to find. As you can tell some of the items I dug up have definitely been there quite awhile. I decided to run some of the items through my tumbler for a day and a half to clean them up to show some detail. I really like the (5) Numbered Stewart Beach Tokens. They had about an 1/8" of crud on them before cleaning. I know that HARC Detecting Club has had Club Member hunts at Stewart Beach in the past where they bury tokens for different prizes. Does anybody recognize these Tokens as being ones the club has used before. If so, where do I collect my Prize, LOL. Still no ring but some interesting finds, at least to me.
Guy

Check Out My Online Store at: http://www.zazzle.com/Big1011Guy*
 

Attachments

  • Galveston Cuts In Sand 5-15-10 002.webp
    Galveston Cuts In Sand 5-15-10 002.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 571
  • Galveston Cuts In Sand 5-15-10 003.webp
    Galveston Cuts In Sand 5-15-10 003.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 532
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 001.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 001.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 519
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 002.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 002.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 573
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 003.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 003.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 602
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 004.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 004.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 528
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 Seawall AM Hunt 001.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 Seawall AM Hunt 001.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 535
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 Seawall AM Hunt 002.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 Seawall AM Hunt 002.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 523
  • Galveston Cuts In Sand 5-15-10 002.webp
    Galveston Cuts In Sand 5-15-10 002.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 501
  • Galveston Cuts In Sand 5-15-10 003.webp
    Galveston Cuts In Sand 5-15-10 003.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 519
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 001.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 001.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 486
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 002.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 002.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 494
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 003.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 003.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 490
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 004.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 AM Hunt 004.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 508
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 Seawall AM Hunt 001.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 Seawall AM Hunt 001.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 492
  • Finds Galveston 5-15-10 Seawall AM Hunt 002.webp
    Finds Galveston 5-15-10 Seawall AM Hunt 002.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0
That is some crazy erosion. There should be some good targets to be found, epecially gold. Hopefully you can keep working it.
 
Does Stewart Beach have a bathhouse? Those tags look like the kind you tie into your bathing suit, after renting a basket to keep your street clothes in.

Chip V.
 
I sure wish you could have found some gold and silver but I am glad you take pictures of ALL your finds. It shows that you don't always find the "good" stuff everytime you go out. You just never know what you will find and that is what makes this hobby so interesting. Next time.... you will get some "good" stuff. Go get em!
 
chipveres said:
Does Stewart Beach have a bathhouse? Those tags look like the kind you tie into your bathing suit, after renting a basket to keep your street clothes in.

Chip V.

Yea. there is a bathhouse but I haven't been in there to see if it has lockers in it. If I can get there while the restrooms/showers are open I will have to check it out. Thanks for the info.
Guy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom