What's new

Finds from a box of nickels and a possible clipped planchet

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just before i posted this I saw Goes4ever's post about his halve. My question is the same, is this a clipped planchet? Also found 3 war nickels. Thanks,MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3229.webp
    DSCN3229.webp
    61.7 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN3228.webp
    DSCN3228.webp
    114.1 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0
It looks like a curved clip to me.

I would post this in "coins" and you will get more opinions from the coin guys.


VPR
 
Definitely a clip
 
Looks good! I have yet to find a clipped nickel. Love the war nickels..
 
IS a clipped planchet, nice find.
 
Thanks for all your replies.HH-MM2
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom