Finds From East Central Alabama II

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll put up another 9" X 12" frame from the "landscape" shop-shot since the one from yesterday did OK. I found these, as well, in the tri-county area of Elmore, Coosa & Tallapoosa counties around 8-10 years ago. I hope you all like and thanks for looking.

DSCN1704.JPG

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry looks like you have a nice little serrated Dalton at bottom center of photo. It looks out of place with rest of points you should give that one to me

OP
OP
Tdog

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terry looks like you have a nice little serrated Dalton at bottom center of photo. It looks out of place with rest of points you should give that one to me

It DOES look that way don't it Johnny?!?!?! :laughing7:

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
All beautiful points there TD.

We’d call that stunner quartz point in the center a STARK up in New England.

So many are similar to what we find here. The broad Ovates are interesting. And the (possible) round knives upper right? Very distinctive.

What info do you have on those?

Can you throw a coin in there for size reference?

Thanks for posting these. Terrific group.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tdog

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All beautiful points there TD.

We’d call that stunner quartz point in the center a STARK up in New England.

So many are similar to what we find here. The broad Ovates are interesting. And the (possible) round knives upper right? Very distinctive.

What info do you have on those?

Can you throw a coin in there for size reference?

Thanks for posting these. Terrific group.

We have a Woodland point type here called Montgomery which I believe the two lower left are. Look closely and you'll see they have a tiny notch in the base (they're upside down in the frame). The upper right may be as well but are not notched. The darker colored one may even be a broken drill. I am ~ 20 mi. north of Montgomery Co. which is the type site/county. Not much documentation available that I can find. Projectile Points dot Net only has one picture of these and it is not a very good example of the type. However if you have access to Overstreet, it has a few more and better examples.

Montgomery Projectile Point

You may have missed where I indicated they are in a 9" X 12" frame but if you prefer, I'll get another shot of them with a coin. It will be better if I wait until just before dusk to get the best possible outside picture.

I do not know what the type is on the center point. It is so small that I'd say it has to be a true arrow point so that would put it < 2000 YBP in age--maybe way less. I have only found 1 other like it and its tip is missing although I have one, maybe two others similar in size and shape with a dab of cortex present on the base of one. I'll try and remember to get some pics of those too.

Thanks for responding and for your interest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tdog

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had some temporary cloud cover drifting by so I took a few shots that should be acceptable. Had to use my trusty Reebok ruler instead of a coin--I'm broke! :laughing7:

DSCN1751.JPG DSCN1750.JPG

DSCN1746.JPG DSCN1743.JPG

I tried to orient all these pics with the tips pointed up but was not 100% successful.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread