Finds From East Central Alabama

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've posted these before in a "landscape" shot of several frames hanging on the wall of my shop but I thought I'd post a close-up of one. I may post more individual frames if it goes over well with this one. I hope you all like it. These are my personal surface finds from 10-15 years ago from my tri-county area (Coosa, Elmore & Tallapoosa). There are two pieces of novaculite in there, a clay bead (?) and the rest quartz & quartzite. They are in a 9" X 12" frame. Thanks for looking.

DSCN1698.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Terry, They did a lot with the stone they had to work with, thanks for posting Terry nice finds

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was playing with some quartz chunks in one of my rock gardens today, where my daughter got the idea to knap from. It’s almost impossible to break, I can’t imagine trying to control the break.

OP
OP
Tdog

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was playing with some quartz chunks in one of my rock gardens today, where my daughter got the idea to knap from. It’s almost impossible to break, I can’t imagine trying to control the break.

Your daughter can help you with this! :laughing7:

Quartzite Keith

Dec 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it. Looks like the stuff we find up here in central Virginia. I know of a couple of creeks where I could go and find all that material here. I really like the colored pieces, but that is super tough stuff!

Fred: Looking for quartz to knap is like kissing frogs looking for Prince Charming. There's an awful lot of it you just don't want to pick a fight with, and even the "good" stuff can be very frustrating to work with!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool good to see history appreciated very nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread