What's new

Finds From My Ft Ancient Hillside Site

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't find any good Points today but I found one of the biggest and best Antler Drifts I've ever found. It's 2 1/4 inches long and almost pristine. I also found a piece of a cut and ground Jaw Bone. You can see the cut mark and the striations from grinding in the last two pictures. A few Rim pieces of Pottery and two are decorated and a Hammerstone and some broken bases.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    519 KB · Views: 121
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    516.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    304.3 KB · Views: 113
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    458.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    576.3 KB · Views: 113
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    600.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    621.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    645.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That punch was worth the trip for sure. Amazing how well the bone stuff has survived after being exposed.
 
Dang that's a nice one!

Good for you Steve, glad you still have a site to hunt!
 
as always appreciate the stuff you share, steve... on here and other currently/permanently?! down forums. keeps me looking.
 
Cool Finds! :icon_thumleft: That antler drift is really nice. Hope that the next time you hunt that field you find some nice points.
 
Nice looking finds Steve! Thanks for sharing...
 
You have a super site Steve, you always find great stuff.!!!!!
 
Thanks guys for all the repsonses. The new Drift gives me 84 now counting the 83 in this picture.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    286.7 KB · Views: 85
The new Drift is a nice addition to your collection . How many years have you been hunting that site ?
 
The new Drift is a nice addition to your collection . How many years have you been hunting that site ?

Off and on since around 1993. I worked at a place there and I noticed a plowed field so I walked over on my lunch hour. I found two really nice Triangles, a Drilled Tooth, and a nice Stone Disc in the first two hunts. Surface hunted for years and then got permission to dig Middens and found lots on nice pieces. Then new owners and couldn't hunt it for a while and then I got permission to hunt the slope below the site. It's hard to hunt and can only be done in the winter when all the vegetation dies but I find stuff every trip.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom