What's new

Finds from the past two hunts, silver...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
8,340
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The past two days I detected near the Officer’s club and the old (Non Commissioned Officer) NCO club on the military post. The weather here in Germany has been just beautiful in the low 50sF, perfect detecting weather and the ground is nice and moist. We even fired up the grill again for lunch at work today. The combined hunts have yielded around $5.00 in clad American coins, 4.00 Euros and today 3 rings. I am not finding any older German Deutsch Mark coinage in these areas and I know a few other people have detected the areas before me that have bragged about finding many American silver coins, seems like they cleaned out the areas but I am finding some leftovers. Here are the finds without the clad, much of the clad dates around 1965, 66, 67 into the early 70s and up. This is some kind of crest, not sure and might not be a military or an American crest. Obverse.
13Feb08crest.jpg

Reverse of the crest with four mount points.
13Feb08crestR.jpg

A 1953 Wheat cent and a 1999 One Euro coin, the Euro did not go into effect among 12 countries until 2002 and I do not recall ever seeing a Euro coin dated 1999, I doubt it is rare but will check it out. The only rare Euro coinage I know of is from the Vatican in Italy.
13Feb08wheatEur.jpg

Three rings I found today, the left is a nice 925 silver and the other two are junk rings. HH, Mike
13Feb08rings.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds...the crest is interesting, never seen anything like that...HH
 
Great finds Mike. I know that crest/badge is going to keep you awake nights until you ID it. HH buddy

Desertfox
 
Very nice finds Mike. Way to go on the silver ring!
-MM-
 
Very nice finds Mike ... the crest is very cool ... congratz ~ Jimmy
 
I hate to tell you, but the crest looks like the Phat Farm logo, which is a shoe/clothing company.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom