What's new

Finds so far this early season

GrandBlancDig

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
269
Reaction score
227
Golden Thread
0
Location
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all!

Weather has been pretty terrible in Michigan lately, but I have been able to get out a few times this season. Mainly at an early 1800's Indian trading post, and an early 1900's park that hosted military camps waiting to get on the train.

Here are some of my best finds so far in about 3 trips:
- 1848 large cent in great condition
- three other large cents, pretty worn
- 1901 dog tax tag, with the Township name on it
- a few of the MANY musketballs: .69 caliber, normal round ball and pistol shot
- Large great seal military button: The Austin Co. - Providence, R.I.

Have a DD shooter mini coil in the mail, and hoping to hit the park hard next week!

- Dan
 

Attachments

  • 2016-03-21 21.16.57.webp
    2016-03-21 21.16.57.webp
    392.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 20160312_151424-1.webp
    20160312_151424-1.webp
    53.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 20151203_170505-1.webp
    20151203_170505-1.webp
    520.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 20160321_195604-1.webp
    20160321_195604-1.webp
    580.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 2016-04-05 18.50.20.webp
    2016-04-05 18.50.20.webp
    239.2 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 18
We know about Michigan weather all too well. Uncovered the boats and they both filled with stinking snow. It will pass. You have some good spots.
 
Hey man you're doing great in Michigan! Congrats on a great start
 
We know about Michigan weather all too well. Uncovered the boats and they both filled with stinking snow. It will pass. You have some good spots.

I was in Port Huron this week actually, stayed at the double tree right by the water. Love that town! We opened our boat Gladwin as well, crazy weather! Looks to be in he 60's with sun next though, perfect digging weather.
 
I was in Port Huron this week actually, stayed at the double tree right by the water. Love that town! We opened our boat Gladwin as well, crazy weather! Looks to be in he 60's with sun next though, perfect digging weather.

Next time you are here look me up. I can show you some spots to hit. My phone is on my website. http://www.scubadetector.com

I dive in front of that hotel a lot. Used to be the Thomas Edison Inn.
 
Really good finds, congrats!
 
Sooo many Musket balls, and they were all a first for me this year. Love the round ball. 69, the weight in your hand is just shocking. My students love to see it! Teaching about three Mexican American War right now, so it fits perfectly.
 
Great bunch of finds. Looks like you're off to a great start this year.
 
Great bunch of finds. Looks like you're off to a great start this year.

Thank you! This is only my second year metal detecting (started late last spring). I get more hooked everyday!
 
Those are some great finds Dan. I cant pick a favorite so I'll just say I like them all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom