What's new

Fire Season

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a trip to Cañon City yesterday. I took a picture of a forest fire from Trout Creek Pass called the Weston Pass fire and I guess they issued a mandatory evacuation for the folks living in the area. They had the highway closed between where I was and the town of Fairplay, so I turned around and went another way home. When I got down on the front range the sunset filtered through the smoke makes for some unique lighting casting on this large cement plant along highway 93.
 

Attachments

  • trip 070218 2.webp
    trip 070218 2.webp
    964.8 KB · Views: 80
  • trip 070218 3.webp
    trip 070218 3.webp
    557 KB · Views: 73
Here. Maybe this will help bring you some rain.


 
These guys out west are feeling the heat. Best wishes to all.
 
We climbed a nearby hill and were able to see three fires. They are all horrific. I watched a house cam video that scared me pretty bad. Very explosive with the dry heat. You would never survive defending your house. Very sad for the people on evacuation, not being able to get to their houses. One is about 14 miles from here, but no threat to our little town.
 
We're in Very High fire danger here in Summit County right now and will probably go to Extreme by the end of the week. Stage 2 fire restrictions are in effect and I really don't know what comes next. The one up north along the Williams Fork they're going to let burn a while to take care of some of the beetle kill, as there's really not much up there. A little more occupation down around the one by Weston Pass but no structures burned yet, as far as I know. Both places I like to camp. All of us that live and work here just hope the tons of out of towners that have descended on us pay attention to the rules and don't burn us out. Or else we will all go to the front range and camp in your back yard when we're evacuated.
 
There was a pretty steady warm breeze up there on top of trout creek and that sure ain't gonna help. Good news I was hearing on the Salida radio is some cooler weather with rain is maybe on the way. If it gets real bad up there come on down, I noticed a new campsite alongside the Platte River as I go over it on I76
 

Attachments

  • 33273486841_37cea12d33_b.webp
    33273486841_37cea12d33_b.webp
    116 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Haha! Hopefully I would practice a little better housekeeping. I thought they cleaned all those out along the Platte. Did you see a tornado touched down yesterday in South Park near the Weston Pass fire?
 
Here in White Plains, NY, it's 95-degrees, but it's so humid (78%) you couldn't light a match!:skullflag:
 
Haha! Hopefully I would practice a little better housekeeping. I thought they cleaned all those out along the Platte. Did you see a tornado touched down yesterday in South Park near the Weston Pass fire?
Yeah I believe they did move the squatters out. Wow a twister in South Park would have be something to see. I know there was one that touchdown at 11 mile reservoir one time I saw on the news.
 
Last edited:
Here in White Plains, NY, it's 95-degrees, but it's so humid (78%) you couldn't light a match!:skullflag:
yeah we're up in the 90s here, but we don't get that humidity.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom