Fire Sprinkler thefts

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i work for a major company that has several resort hotels that it manages. The Scrap Thieves are stealing us blind and haven't been able to catch anyone "yet". They get into our stairwells where our Fire Sprinkler systems are and they are removing the BRASS caps that cover the pipes that fire hoses are attached to. Any Fire Fighters or Cops out there having similar problems in your areas you work in? I figure the caps covering the hose couplings on Fire Hydrants are game. In one city, scrap thieves were stealing manhole covers on city streets.
I don't figure its anyone on Treasurenet doing it. More likely Crack heads, junkies, drunks and homeless deadbeats are doing it more often than anything.
Next thing, they'll be stealing the home A/C units in neighborhoods which has happened in Chicago killing an old lady.
>:(

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
You think thats bad, awhile back people in witchita ks were stealing the brass urns and flower vases from the cemetaries. Im sure it happened elsewhere also, thats getting pretty weird and pathetic

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Thailand, its brass water meters, easy to unscrew, or just bust it off the plastic piping. Now they are made of plastic, so no one bothers them.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out west they're after AC units. They've been grabbing 4 - 7 at a crack. I've noticed some missing decorative brass downspouts missing from the shopping centers. The power company I retired from is getting hit bad for wire. A couple weeks ago one of my old co-workers took 17 reports in two days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread