First 2 Rings... All in 1 Month! In My Own Yard!!

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ive detected my yard to nothing man - so i thought. About a month ago decided to start metal detecting slower.... And pulled out ring 1, missing the stone however, was pretty excited anyways because it was my first, looked pretty old to, guessing silver plated brass/copper or whatever. Then today i pulled out, in the same yard, (back of the yard this time, first one was in the front) A ring, with the stone still in it! Originally had 5 stones total, the 2 accent stones on either side are gone, but the big boy is still there! Thought diamond so i did a glass-scratch test, slightly scratched the stone (Oops! Not diamond :( ) But after doing some research it appears that a common substitute stone was white sapphire.. Which this LOOKS like it is, wont know until i take it to a jeweler.. I think it was a husband/wife ring, reason being is they both have the same prong style, look to be from the same era, my guess is late 1800s - early 1900s? Overall im very happy about pulling my first 2 rings from the same yard, in 1 month.

IMG_1651.JPG IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1661.JPG IMG_1663.JPG IMG_1664.JPG IMG_1665.JPG IMG_1666.JPG IMG_1667.JPG

Upvote 5
OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may actually be diamond... The ring finished its cleaning... It has an IGI mark!! (International Gemological Institute) Which apparently is a diamond certifier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions