First attempt at SS scoop lip

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
I happened upon a few scoops and want to try and add a stainless steel lip to the largest scoop which was aluminum, kellyco beach brute.
I opted for 16ga SS as the thicker sizer seemed really heavy and i did not want to have to much trouble bending and forming it. I matched one row of the 5/8 scoop holes with 1/4" in the stainless and i was thinking about doing something the the second row which is partially covered. I only used (4) 10-24 screws. What do you think? enough screws? I also want to add some sort of mesh to the bucket to sift smaller items out. And lastly i could not fit it in the trunk with the handle on, lol. I eneded up machining a piece of aluminum, tapping it for a knob and glueing it inside to basically have a 3/4" captive nut inside so i could remove the handle without tool or stripping the soft aluminum. Im sure ill tweak it a lil more but i can take it to the beach monday now as is. Sorry pics ended up a lil small
php16UKEVPM.jpgphpjKrmmvPM.jpgphpsqajr8PM.jpg

Upvote 0
I congratule on this scoop!!

Great job....the ones ive seen just use a series of pop rivits. Guess you will have to let us know how she works.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back