david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a short three hours today. I had hit my silver coin goal yesterday, finding a War Nic in a park that I had never found a silver coin in before, although I probably had 60-70 hours of hunting there. I keep going back because I am hardheaded and felt that there really should be some silver there. Went back for a short while, had pretty much given up on the Barber dime this year. Found a couple of toasty wheats in the first hour, junk and clad in the second hour. Finally hit a area where the dirt got turned over a few years back, and quickly pulled a well worn 1907 Barber dime. Hunted a little more, but battery on the pinpointer died, and when I put a new one in, it worked once and that was it. Got home and started playing with it, apparently they don't work if you over tighten the battery cap. Loosened it about a quarter turn and she was good to go.
DSCF1347.JPG

Upvote 11

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds david680, I also found my first Barber today, it is a 1902 dime. Bet you're stoked, finds like those will keep you warm on cold nights and keep you motivated for the next hunt.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. My first silver find ever was a 1900-O Barber dime. That was in 1987. I still remember digging it and not knowing what it was !

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice barber man!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great barber. My first silver when I got back into detecting was a barber. Congrats

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. My first silver find ever was a 1900-O Barber dime. That was in 1987. I still remember digging it and not knowing what it was !

I metal detected for a while when I was about 15-17. My first silver find was a 1916D Barber quarter. Took 25 years till I found another Barber quarter.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice one, congrats

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your very first Barber coin. Hope many more find their way into your pouch next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions