First Box of Halves

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far a skunk, have 10 more rolls to go through tho. They came double stacked and I have heard horror stories about these boxes. I found several 2000 coins that looked like Proof's, beautiful, but alas, they went back into the wild. The 2000's seemed to be real thin compared to a normal half.

Oh well, everybody has to take their beatings before they get to know the rounds.

Thanks everyone, have a great Fathers day to all you Fathers. And sons, a simple card or call will make your fathers day, my youngest is in boot camp and I am hoping he will call. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
I only get double stacked boxes in my area. They're not bad for me. I got a walker on my second box along with a 90%er and 2 40%ers. I wouldn't say that they're bad... :laughing7:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
No big deal a one box skunk, I get them on a weekly basis. Everyone has beginners luck in this hobby. You might be a bit delayed on yours,but when it strikes,it will be a good one. :icon_sunny:
HH
Rich

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
thats funny, i can only get the long boxes, but want to TRY the double stacked to see if i have better results, but cant get 'em. also, skunk boxes r very common, but when u start doing multiple boxes, then ull get the ones that have silver, and dont call it a skunk yet, cuz 3 occasions i did it and it turned out not to be a skunk.
box #1: 40%er in last roll.
box #2: 40%er in second to last roll.
box #3: ben in 8th to last roll.
so dont give up, theres always more silver to be found!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC,
You will hit one and be "hooked!" I have started to learn a bit of patience (not much, but trying).

You will get that dream box in no time.

Happy Father's Day.

apush :read2:

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apush said:
FreedomUIC,
You will hit one and be "hooked!" I have started to learn a bit of patience (not much, but trying).

You will get that dream box in no time.

Happy Father's Day.

apush :read2:

Finished the last ten rolls of the box. Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing. Oh well, wasn't expecting much so I am not disappointed. I am just trying to get a process in place for when the silver does flow in the fall..... :tongue3:

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
freedom, I seem to have much better luck with the stacked boxes as opposed to the long boxes. But I am in a completely different neck of the woods. Different boxes are better in different parts of the country, just have to find what is working for you. Try ordering from different banks. When you get a bank that is getting boxes that have some silver, start ordering more from them. It just makes sense.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timbobwey said:
freedom, I seem to have much better luck with the stacked boxes as opposed to the long boxes. But I am in a completely different neck of the woods. Different boxes are better in different parts of the country, just have to find what is working for you. Try ordering from different banks. When you get a bank that is getting boxes that have some silver, start ordering more from them. It just makes sense.

Thanks for the advice, I am already targeting a second bank for ordering. They seem real nice and they are a small "Local" bank here.... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread