What's new

Spirit high and tide low

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
4,351
Golden Thread
0
Location
lower sackville,nova scotia
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mixed bag of weather here in Nova Scotia as the rest of the country seems to be under snow. Not here but the deep freeze is in with the ground taking on the characteristics of pavement. Undaunted and going bonkers staring at the tube and the four walls I loaded up Nogo with Zen Guru, a hammer and a hand axe. At that point I did not know where in the son of a sea horse I was going but had checked the tide charts and low tide was fast approaching. Why not? Hit the ground first waiting for the optimal low tide.

First signal on the shore was a solid 80 so a whacking I went. Reminded me of an old poem; "Lizzy Borden had an axe and gave her father 40 whacks. When she saw what she had done she gave her mother 41." I was without a doubt taking my frustrations out on the ground as well as the copper I was retrieving which received a nice dent from my attention. Then came a few musket balls and a buckle gouged out of the hardened soil. Beat up a loonie big time with it going towards a coffee that I later purchased. Enough was enough as my left arm dangled at my side from all the swinging.

Retreated to below the high tide marker making headway with a few coins and fishing stuff. Soon have enough gear to open my own tackle shop. Knees began to get too sore so I called it a day adjourning to Tim's for a medium double milk. Must say it was nice to get out even though the body not quite ready yet. DSCN0762.webp
 
Upvote 20
Mixed bag of weather here in Nova Scotia as the rest of the country seems to be under snow. Not here but the deep freeze is in with the ground taking on the characteristics of pavement. Undaunted and going bonkers staring at the tube and the four walls I loaded up Nogo with Zen Guru, a hammer and a hand axe. At that point I did not know where in the son of a sea horse I was going but had checked the tide charts and low tide was fast approaching. Why not? Hit the ground first waiting for the optimal low tide.

First signal on the shore was a solid 80 so a whacking I went. Reminded me of an old poem; "Lizzy Borden had an axe and gave her father 40 whacks. When she saw what she had done she gave her mother 41." I was without a doubt taking my frustrations out on the ground as well as the copper I was retrieving which received a nice dent from my attention. Then came a few musket balls and a buckle gouged out of the hardened soil. Beat up a loonie big time with it going towards a coffee that I later purchased. Enough was enough as my left arm dangled at my side from all the swinging.

Retreated to below the high tide marker making headway with a few coins and fishing stuff. Soon have enough gear to open my own tackle shop. Knees began to get too sore so I called it a day adjourning to Tim's for a medium double milk. Must say it was nice to get out even though the body not quite ready yet.View attachment 2241257
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom