StevePa

Sep 6, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone,

I mostly search boxes but still keep on the lookout for reject finds at the banks I frequent. I recently went to a local gocery store with a coinstar machine and checked the reject chute but nothing. There was a red dixie cup sitting on the coinstar with a little surprise.....

There was a single, very dirty quarter in the cup and I threw it in my pocket to examine later. Boy was I surprised when I looked later and saw a date of 1963 Washington. My first silver coinstar or reject chute find. I have found lots of clad, foreign coins and dingy pennies before but no silver.

Good luck hunting everyone,

Steven

IMG_0321.JPG

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Whew that quarter has sure seen better days. Congrats on the free silver! I've yet to find anything in a Coinstar machine.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I mostly search boxes but still keep on the lookout for reject finds at the banks I frequent. I recently went to a local gocery store with a coinstar machine and checked the reject chute but nothing. There was a red dixie cup sitting on the coinstar with a little surprise.....

There was a single, very dirty quarter in the cup and I threw it in my pocket to examine later. Boy was I surprised when I looked later and saw a date of 1963 Washington. My first silver coinstar or reject chute find. I have found lots of clad, foreign coins and dingy pennies before but no silver.

Good luck hunting everyone,

Steven

View attachment 985001

:coffee2: Congrats on breaking the ice. That's why you check aroung the coinstar in addtion to just looking in the reject tray. Hope you find many more in the future.
Hh
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions