What's new

Coinstar drought ends with silver

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
2,056
Reaction score
12,094
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountain Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things have been very quiet. Lots of snow with extremely cold weather and frozen ground means no detecting for weeks. I have been looking in every coinstar in the area almost daily keeping my eyes open for goodies in the parking lots and no luck until today. When I check the coinstar in Wally world I found a bunch of coins. 5 dimes and 7 pennies. On first look all the dimes were clad. Looking at the edges, the copper color said they were all clad. When I looked at the fronts of the coins later one of them looked like it might be silver. Looking closer I could see it was a 1963 D.

DSCN4556.webp


He’s not in very good shape. Lots of dings, scratches and a brown stain that made the edge look like a clad dime, but over $5 in melt value makes this a nice find. Just like finding a $5 bill in the coinstar. It made my day.

DSCN4557.webp
DSCN4558.webp


In the last couple of weeks I did find a dime and a penny on the floor in a store, but that’s it. It looks like the weather to the south east may get warm enough to melt the snow and thaw the ground in about 10 days so there is hope I can get out swingin in the near future. I can’t wait, I’m beginning to go into detector withdrawal.

Keep looking and keep your eyes open. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
 
...5 dimes and 7 pennies...
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!​
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to COINSTAR FINDS for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum TODAY'S FINDS! contains your find(s). Share it with others in the Today's Finds Forum. Always a "timely" place to visit.
 
Things have been very quiet. Lots of snow with extremely cold weather and frozen ground means no detecting for weeks. I have been looking in every coinstar in the area almost daily keeping my eyes open for goodies in the parking lots and no luck until today. When I check the coinstar in Wally world I found a bunch of coins. 5 dimes and 7 pennies. On first look all the dimes were clad. Looking at the edges, the copper color said they were all clad. When I looked at the fronts of the coins later one of them looked like it might be silver. Looking closer I could see it was a 1963 D.

View attachment 2243634

He’s not in very good shape. Lots of dings, scratches and a brown stain that made the edge look like a clad dime, but over $5 in melt value makes this a nice find. Just like finding a $5 bill in the coinstar. It made my day.

View attachment 2243633View attachment 2243635

In the last couple of weeks I did find a dime and a penny on the floor in a store, but that’s it. It looks like the weather to the south east may get warm enough to melt the snow and thaw the ground in about 10 days so there is hope I can get out swingin in the near future. I can’t wait, I’m beginning to go into detector withdrawal.

Keep looking and keep your eyes open. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
A true coinstar oficionado....persistence pays off. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom