First day CRHing, first day full of skunks.

D0uger

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the title say, first day at CRHing.

Got to reading on the forums last night and decided I give it a try.
This morning I rounded up all my cash and called a few banks (chase is my account bank) to see if the had halves.
The first chase had $220 in halves, sweet! A half box to start my adventure :)
When he brought the box out the first thing I noticed was the cwr's, 20/22 rolls.
Second thing I noticed, after I calmed myself down, was the black x- on the rolls.
Shoot! I knew there must have been a reason they actually had some. Oh well, purchased
them and headed towards work. Parked out side the house I work in a commenced operation
crack a search. Just as I suspected, 22 rolls, no silver. Yikes!

At this point I was a bit disheartened but pushed on. Re-rolled the halves, threw
my initials over the x's so I'd know I'd been there and headed to us bank to dump.
Surprisingly the lady at us bank was very very excited to have my halves, said some guy was always asking for em... As I figured. (sorry if I'm dumpin on your bank :p)

Anyways, got my cash in 20's and headed to the chase across the street. Headed inside and asked to speak with the VT, I was informed that he would be back at 1pm and if I was looking for
half dollars they already had a guy who sifts through em. She offered to let the vt know so I said sure :) you never know.

While I waited for 1 I headed over to the unionbank in the area. Went in and talk to a very jubilant teller who asked all her friends for their halves. $5.50 in all so I purchased them to be nice. I also saw a few stacks of 2's in her draw when she opens it looking for halves, I asked for them all because I know teller don't like having to count their 2's every night and she was more then happy to give them to me. Figured I owed her that for being so nice as to bug her coworkers and vt for me despite not being an account holder. Found a few triple digger serials, nothing worth the trouble.

Still and a few minutes till one so I ran over to wells Fargo and asked for halves. Very very cute teller ;) (mind you I'm 18) asked her vt for me and she rounded up 80 dollars in halves. Needless to say, I will be back to wells xD

It was about one so I ran back to the second chase, talked to the vt real quick and purchased the $40 I halves that mr. X dropped off. Real quick, real easy :).

Now I headed back to work so I could I search em before my shift. Something I notice now that I didn't before, they were all cwr, all with black x's. had I really hit all of one person dump banks? Or was he shitting where he eats?

Anyways, the reall reason your reading, if you even read this far. All $360 in halves were a bust! But hey, what do you expect for such a small quantity? It's alright though, I had the first chase order me a box for Friday ;) I'll let you guys know how that goes!

Upvote 0

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep going back to those banks, it will pay off. I've have 5 boxes ($2500) in skunks, but I hit silver from asking for individual and other CWRs. HH

deeptarget

Mar 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you had a adventure... And the cute teller is always a bonus

OP
OP
D

D0uger

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha definitely deep! And I just got a call from the chase that order my box. Got it in early, 40% x3! Guess who's addicted?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread