What's new

First detector

banjonyc

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
Just picked up a Whites Beach Hunter. Very excited to get started. Look out Rockaway Beach!
 
Upvote 0
banjonyc said:
Just picked up a Whites Beach Hunter. Very excited to get started. Look out Rockaway Beach!

Come down to long beach sometime
 
shawngrey16 said:
Come down to long beach sometime

Come on over to far rock. I'm in the 20s. I have a permit for city parks but not for long island beaches. Isn't long beach considered a state park?
 
banjonyc said:
Come on over to far rock. I'm in the 20s. I have a permit for city parks but not for long island beaches. Isn't long beach considered a state park?

What's 20's sorry not familiar with ny too much. But nope long beach is perfectly fine
 
Just picked up a Whites Beach Hunter. Very excited to get started. Look out Rockaway Beach!

Good luck with your new detector. Try to hunt all metal & watch the lights, they don't lie. If you see any red don't dig. If you get talk back lower the sen. in disc. you will not lose much depth, I have turned the sen. to almost off in the black sand & hit many a target. Did you get the 12" or 9 1/2" coil?
 
gobble-gobble said:
Good luck with your new detector. Try to hunt all metal & watch the lights, they don't lie. If you see any red don't dig. If you get talk back lower the sen. in disc. you will not lose much depth, I have turned the sen. to almost off in the black sand & hit many a target. Did you get the 12" or 9 1/2" coil?

Thanks for the tips. I got the 12 inch coil. Looking forward to low tide tomorrow.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom