First Dollar Coin and a Thanks Mister

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm posting this here just for Mr. Wingmaster. He isn't detecting very much this year and feels we Hoosiers need to help out a bit. I had about one hour to hit a local park I've been working off and on this summer. It beacame a park in the 20's and it's close to the house. It's going on 6pm and the timer has started. As soon as I get out of the car and start swinging two kids walk up and start with the questions. It doesn't bother me when they do. I mean common, it is a park. I guess the timing wasn't the best. So lets educate the little boogers. Answered a couple questions. Now lets go find some money. You can always find penny's in this park. I start swinging the coil and wa-la. Find the first penny. Here you go kid. Get going again another penny signal. Plop it out of the ground and hand it to the little one. Start at it again and they say they have to go. I get a thanks Mister. Sun is setting behind the tree's now. Just a little bit longer. Going at it for a bit when I get a steady 94 signal back and fourth. Never had one ever before. It's saying 2 inches down. Hmmmmm. Normally get the pin pointer out and pop a small plug. Start thinking a bit and decide a regular plug. Cut the plug and roll it over. Pinpointer to the back of the plug and start moving it around when it becomes visible. I just see a big, dirty coin. Pick it up and look, smiling of course. Not silver but it is a dollar and I'll take it. I never would have guessed this hour hunt would have turned out like this. The End and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_20161021_200139.jpg
    IMG_20161021_200139.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20161021_200103.jpg
    IMG_20161021_200103.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 156

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Saweeeet find!

I hope you get a bunch more. (dollars, not kids)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pilling that Ike. :occasion14: It would be great if we pulled a dollar from each plug. :thumbsup: I'd quit work and detect full time. I find it amazing that a coin that large can be dropped and not seen.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I'm still waiting for a dollar coin myself, even a half that's 90% I've found 40% silver but nothing 64 or older yet. Nice find congrats and HH

OP
OP
ShovelinDave

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I showed it to my son and he said wow dad that sure is a big coin.

OP
OP
ShovelinDave

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on pilling that Ike. :occasion14: It would be great if we pulled a dollar from each plug. :thumbsup: I'd quit work and detect full time. I find it amazing that a coin that large can be dropped and not seen.

It's funny you mentioned that. I told my wife I could quit my job and detect for a living and wouldn't have a problem with it. I just got that look. I'm sure you've seen it to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread