What's new

First Ever Hunt for Halves an Eye-Opener

willemv369

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 18, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Well, yesterday was the big day. To just give this CRH a try I had ordered $200 worth of half dollars two weeks earlier and they had arrived at the bank. The teller informed me that the coins were not in roles, but loose in a sealed $500 bag. Either I'd have to wait for them to count out $200 worth or I'd take the whole bag. I took the whole 30lb bag. Spent yesterday evening going through the pile and found 52 keepers:

- 14 Walking Liberties (2D, 11S, 1P)

- 4 Franklins (2D, 1S, 1P)

- 25 Kennedies, 40% (13D, 12P)

- 3 Kennedies, 90% (all P)

- 1 Kennedy, 1987 (S)

- 2 Kennedies, 2004 (both P)

- 1 Kennedy, 1968 Proof (S) in excellent condition

- 2 Kennedys, 1969 Proof (S) in excellent condition

Gonna order another $500 bag soon! =)

Happy hunting.

- Willem
 
Upvote 0
Man, I have to see if my pick-up bank can switch to bags !!!!
 
Great percentages for your first hunt! You are making the experienced hunters jealous with those percentages. :)

Good Luck with your next $500!

HH
cmhoose
 
Now that is a nice first time try. I have yet to get that many goodies in two $500 boxes.

Good going :)

Happy Hunting,

Scott (Mich)
 
Thanks for the encouragement.

I feel that loose coins aren't any harder to deal with than rolls. Actually, I'd lean to the easier side. You grab a handful, align them, and you can immediately see if there is any silver.

- Willem
 
Those were awsome totals. Where do you live???

LOL
Cat
 
Yes, I would say that is above average...lol. You did very well.....congrats. I would order as many of those bags as you can. That is great results!!!

Keep plugging.........
 
willemv369 said:
Well, yesterday was the big day. To just give this CRH a try I had ordered $200 worth of half dollars two weeks earlier and they had arrived at the bank. The teller informed me that the coins were not in roles, but loose in a sealed $500 bag. Either I'd have to wait for them to count out $200 worth or I'd take the whole bag. I took the whole 30lb bag. Spent yesterday evening going through the pile and found 52 keepers:

- 14 Walking Liberties (2D, 11S, 1P)

- 4 Franklins (2D, 1S, 1P)

- 25 Kennedies, 40% (13D, 12P)

- 3 Kennedies, 90% (all P)

- 1 Kennedy, 1987 (S)

- 2 Kennedies, 2004 (both P)

- 1 Kennedy, 1968 Proof (S) in excellent condition

- 2 Kennedys, 1969 Proof (S) in excellent condition

Gonna order another $500 bag soon! =)

Happy hunting.

- Willem

Great find, order as many as you can there may be more bags from the same dump available.

What were the dates/mintmarks on the Walkers and Franklins? Any key dates?
 
GMan00001 said:
What were the dates/mintmarks on the Walkers and Franklins? Any kyes dates?

Walkers:

1P: 1947
2D: 1934, 1943
11S: 1929, 1936, 1941, 1941, 1942, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1946

Franklins:

2D: 1958, 1963
1S: 1952
1P: 1950
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom