What's new

First Ever Indian Head! Found two next to each other!

TheProf

Full Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
183
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today for a few hours after being knee deep in snow for the last two weeks. I have been telling my wife for the last month I wanted to find my first Indian Head this year! Well, I went back to my favorite schoolyard and BAM! I found a few wheats first and then my first IH 1902! Next swing another ping and I dug up a 1907 IH! Kept hunting and ended up with 10 wheat (the oldest 1937 (2 of them). Also found 2 keys, one has USN on it. Was starting to get dark, but I wanted a silver coin and convinced myself to stay a little longer for one. I had found silver here before. Two minutes later, my first silver mercury dime 1941. That was it! I was done! Half of the yard was still flooded out, not sure if I found these because the water and snow moved things or I turned the sensitivity up to 24 on my Minelab, usually have it on 15. Will be back next week. Brings my total of wheats out of this schoolyard to 31 and 3 silver coins!
 

Attachments

  • 2-28-10 1.webp
    2-28-10 1.webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 550
  • 02 28 10 2.webp
    02 28 10 2.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0
Great way to find your first by finding 2! Nice finds all around. When you return to the spot you are bound to find more. Always try and hunt with your machine as powerful as you can with out falsing signals or being to noisy to hear the good targets. Good luck .
 
Well. you know what they sound like now. You will make a killing on them from here on out. Congrats on the mini tribe! jgas
 
great finds............but may I ask why you keep your sensitivity so low (15) on your x-70 ??
I hunt 99% of the time with mine at 25-26. I feel much under 21 and the depth is lost bigtime.
 
what a great way to start the year finding 2 IH's I sure there will be more.....
 
Not sure why I never set higher, but will keep it at 25 for now on. Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom