What's new

First Exterra Hunt.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
Joined
May 19, 2014
Messages
1,309
Reaction score
1,513
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a couple of places this weekend. Getting some experience on the new detector. Didn't find a lot. But I am feeling really good about this detector.

WP_20151115_001.webpWP_20151115_002.webp
 
Upvote 12
The silver will come. My 2nd time out with the xterra 305 I hit a silver dime, then the 3rd two silver dimes. Now im in a silver slump but the thing finds coins at great depth. Yea I dig a lot of trash but I also hit some crazy deep silvers.
 
I think the rectagonal piece may be silver. I was just glad to be able to get out and detect.
 
What do you mean you didn;t find a lot? Looks like that 705 kept you busy pulling solid targets. Congrats on getting out and learning your new detector.
 
Nice finds :occasion14: i have had my xterra 70 for a few years now i love mine :icon_thumleft: I had an explorer for awhile but the dang thing was heavy so i decided to let her go an keep the xterra :hello2:
 
Pretty cool stuff and coins are always good to find
 
From what I can see, the Exterra is a lot better for giving stable ID's than my Fisher was. Plus the tones and sounds make more sense to my ear. I just have to get used to a new target ID scale and some of the adjustments. Not nearly as chattery, Definitely seems deeper too. I am reading up on it all I can and looking at the videos too. I love this machine so far.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom