First finds

H2Ofowler

Jun 23, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started the hobby not long ago by buying a AT Pro. Been out a few times before and only found tons of nails, tabs and other trash. Taking a while to learn the ropes but finally paid off this evening while hunting a creek bank.

at pro 2.jpg

Not sure if the pictures worked its my first time posting but between all the trash I found a 1908 Indian head and a 1864 2 cent coin. The other I'm not sure about and need some help. I want to say its a fired musket ball but I've never seen one so could just be and old piece of lead? I know there's a lot of civil war history around being in culpeper va so I'm hoping its my first bullet.

Upvote 14

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's awesome, a new detector and a rare American coin, that 2 center is sweet!, Ive been extremely fortunate to put my coil over 3, 1 in each of the 3 years ive been doing this

congrats!

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great start for you !!! You are hooked for sure. Welcome to a great hobby.

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When a 2-center and an Indian penny are your first 2 keepers, I'd say you're off to a great start- Congrats!! -- Jeff --
I'll say. I've never heard of someone getting two coins like that as their first ones! Ridiculous! No 2 centers for me yet either.

OP
OP
H

H2Ofowler

Jun 23, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had no clue a two cent was pretty rare thanks for letting me know. I decided to hit the same creek again this evening for a hour or so and ended up with some Indians 1863 and other is toasted. I've read you can soak them in olive oil so I might try that or is there a better way to try and get a date off it?

at pro 3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread