What's new

First Flying Eagle Cent!!!

jwarner51

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
416
Reaction score
423
Golden Thread
0
Location
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today for a little bit and cane across an old riverside camp. Found some musket balls but not much else. Later in another area just walking along and randomly hit this great sound. Its a 1857 Flying Eagle! My first one and its in pretty good shape.
 

Attachments

  • 1429657682292.webp
    1429657682292.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 1429657771318.webp
    1429657771318.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Upvote 42
Nice find they are hard to come by..
Its a 57..Lol.
George
 
Welcome to an exclusive club! ;)
 
NICE COIN !!! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on a tough find. Great condition on that baby
 
That is one heck of a find, Congrats!
 
Congrats, A tough two year type (excluding the rare 1856). A very lucky find for sure! :thumbsup:

Great condition on top of everything else!!!
 
Huge congrats to you. Like most, I am waiting to find one. The reverse is really nice on that one!
 
Now that's a find !!!! A friend of mine keeps talking about how he really wants to find one of those, so do I but they are so hard to come by I never think of it. Congrats!!!! Well done!!!!!
 
Nice flying eagle. You don't see them with that much detail left- nice save. Congrats on a rare coin!
 
Thanks everyone! Never thought I'd find one either especially out here in the Western US
 
sweet FE!, a lot of detail left on that one, display it proudly!
 
Amazing coin. Congrats on the find. That one is still on my bucket list. GL & HH
 
Super job on a tremendous piece of history. I will join your club...some day!...Brad
 
nice FE cent! I've been fortunate to find three of them, but they are no where near the condition yours is in. Congrats!
 
That's Peter the Mint Eagle depicted on there. Very sad story what happened to him, he got caught in the coin press. They stuffed his body afterwards and put him on display at the Philadelphia mint where he remains to this day.
 
Small or large FE...tell by the lettering on face...

Good find...I have found several dozen over the years....buts its the first one that really means the most...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom