What's new

First GOLD for 2011!!!

drewan29

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2010
Messages
293
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I just wanted to head into town to go pick up a gold pan. When my wife got home I loaded up my detector,scoop and hip waders ... Just in case :evil6:. Picked up the pan and grabbed a bite and off to the beach we went.
I spent about 2 hrs at the swim hole I normally hit, nothing but can slaw and a dime,quarter,nickel and the black thing is a ??? coin I hope it's around the same size as a quarter and heavy. Then moved to a little beach down the road that I just started hunting this year.
I got out of the van the wife was :sleepy2: turned on the Excal and took 2 steps and it dang near blew my ears off a nice 10K with I think is a saphire and 2 little diamonds then spent the rest of the time digging clad. I love the SShaft the only arm that got sore was my digging arm lol.
So here it is sorry for the long post.
the good, the clad and the ugly.
Thanks for looking
drewan
 

Attachments

  • Gold 005.webp
    Gold 005.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 677
  • Gold 006.webp
    Gold 006.webp
    79.5 KB · Views: 663
  • Gold 004.webp
    Gold 004.webp
    277.2 KB · Views: 664
  • Gold 003.webp
    Gold 003.webp
    234 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0
scrounger d detector collector said:
atsa nice gold. be sure tp check out to see if the stone

is valuable. its pretty big
Thank you Scrounger, I was wondering if I should get checked out.
HH-drewan
 
Very Nice, Just the beginning of a good Summer...Congrads Buddy......
 
OldeBeechnut said:
Very Nice, Just the beginning of a good Summer...Congrads Buddy......
Thanks OBN, I hope so it's been dang cold here yesterday was 45 today was 50 now it's 40 out.
 
Congratulations on your first gold for the year.
 
Thank you Les. The pickings have been pretty slim around here because of the weather cold.
 
Congratulations Drewan! Great pics and post. Still digging for my first ring - thanks for keeping me pumped! :hello2:
 
Congrats on the first gold of the year! :icon_thumright: The weather is getting hotter and I can feel the gold fever rising! :tongue3: good luck and HH.
 
Thank you John,Terry and Search.
RE: Search,
All the warm weather has been going around us ??? Normally if my aunt is getting 90's in the Twin Cities and we have 60' I know in a day or so we'll get but lately it goes around us.
HH-drewan
 
Thank you Fl
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom