What's new

First Gold Necklace

Tony in FL

Full Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2009
Messages
220
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was very psyched to find my first gold necklace yesterday - 14K and about 20 inches in length. Also found an older looking silver ring with green stone.

:occasion14:

HH!

Tony
 

Attachments

  • 09_15_10 finds (1).webp
    09_15_10 finds (1).webp
    173.8 KB · Views: 1,005
  • 09_15_10 finds (2).webp
    09_15_10 finds (2).webp
    161.9 KB · Views: 987
  • 09_15_10 finds (3).webp
    09_15_10 finds (3).webp
    207.8 KB · Views: 992
  • 09_15_10 finds (4).webp
    09_15_10 finds (4).webp
    31 KB · Views: 961
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright:

congrats on the necklace and the ring...what great fines

herb
 
Tony in FL said:
Silver Surfer said:
WoW, nice chain indeed.... Just curious though, shouldnt a gold chain of that size weigh a lot more than 20 gms?

I was actually expecting it to weigh less than 20 grams but this was my first gold necklace find so I did not have much to draw upon.

After I read your message I got a bit worried so I tested one of the middle links in the chain with an acid scratch test. I am happy to say the scratches survived the 10K and 14K acids but dissolved on the 18K acid thereby lending support for the 14K markings. :icon_thumright:
AWESOME!!!! WTG!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom