What's new

Saturday's finds

Crunchyhippo

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
292
Reaction score
612
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Florida
After a three-hour hunt, I found two rings and an ornamental earring - all in the first hour. The gold ring is 14k and rang up on my Manticore as 29; it looks for sure like someone's wedding band. The other ring rang in at 88, which I thought for sure was a quarter at the time. I thought it might be silver, but I don't see a stamp anywhere on it.
 

Attachments

  • Weekend finds Sept-12-26-e.webp
    Weekend finds Sept-12-26-e.webp
    529.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Weekend finds Sept-12-26-II-e.webp
    Weekend finds Sept-12-26-II-e.webp
    145.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Weekend finds Sept-12-26-ee.webp
    Weekend finds Sept-12-26-ee.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 28
Upvote 0
Good job and a great find.
 
Nice finds CH, your persistence paid off!
 
Good finds. The ‘TW in Oval’ Mark is for Tessler & Weiss of Union, NJ, founded in 1936 and still in business. Early marks have the ‘TW’ in a lozenge, but the ‘TW in Oval’ mark was first used in 1947 and registered in 1951. I believe it’s still live.

The other ring appears to be a designer ring from David Yurman, founded in New York, NY in 1980. The style is known as ‘Petite X’ from the ‘Crossover Collection, and it’s quite an expensive ring in sterling silver and 18K gold.


Screenshot 2026-09-15 185855.webp


However, I suspect it's a copy which may or may not be in precious metals. A Yurman ring would be marked ‘925’ on the silver portion, with a maker mark as ‘D.Y.’ (or ‘D. Yurman’, or ‘David Yurman’ if space permits) and accompanied by a small © (copyright) symbol.
 
Looks like a legit yurman ring....I had to clean mine up before the fine D Y mark could be seen. Congrats on the gold !!
I'll clean it up after work and maybe also swing by my nearby local jeweler and see if he can see any stamps inside it. I suspected that it was silver, since it rang up as an 88 on my Manticore instead of in the 50s or 60s, usually indicating costume jewelry. Thanks!
 
I took the gold/silver-looking ring to a jeweler yesterday. He tested it and said it was real gold and silver. 8-) So, I guess I found the real deal on that one. It may not have the gold content to out-value the wedding band I found, but I'll bet I could sell it on eBay for more if I chose. The 14k wedding band only came out to about $165 value, based on its weight and purity, whereas the other ring sells new for $350-$400.
 
Last edited:
No, I think your gold band 14 karat would be worth $300 just my guesstimate without knowing the weight
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom