First half of the year clad coin finds minus hundreds of pennies.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All tumbled clean and rolled (except dimes, ran out of rolls). have not rolled the hundreds of pennies yet.

coins.jpg Have not found 1 silver yet but did find 109 wheat pennies - 94 came from 1 yard

It definitely looks like you have been busy. If I were you I would have expected to find silver in that yard after finding 94 wheat cents in it, but we never know what we will find. Happy hunting!

I wish I had all mine cleaned and rolled! I was lazy this winter. Guess things happen for a reason tho. The thieves that broke in decided they didn't want the dirty clad and left it in the floor, probably too heavy to carry! Lol!

haven't broke down and bought a tumbler yet, hard to justify at this point but someday if i find one in a garage sale really cheap.

My clad totals are WAY down this year, probably because I have primarily been focusing on older properties. My wheat penny and silver count is way up however.

I estimate that I probably have found around half of what you have rolled up! Last year I had right at $112 in clad. At this rate I'll be lucky to hit $50 this year.

As for a cheap tumbler, watch CraigsList. Last December I bought a brand new in the box Harbor Freight tumbler for $10, they guy bought it and never used it. It has held up great so far.

Good for you.Iam approaching my first year and if iam lucky i will have about 35 dollars in coins with one silver.HH

I have not found many clad coins this year, I have been focusing at colonial sites, last year's total was around $50. This years total is maybe $2, or maybe less :laughing7:.

All tumbled clean and rolled (except dimes, ran out of rolls). have not rolled the hundreds of pennies yet.

View attachment 1015349 Have not found 1 silver yet but did find 109 wheat pennies - 94 came from 1 yard
money found while pursuing a healthful activity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back