First Hole Big Silver...That Was Way Too Easy!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have mainly focused on researching and hunting for Civil War relics over the last year or so and I've had pretty good luck doing that. This past week I've had the itch to get on an old school hunt for coins, so I flipped back through my notes and decided to make the drive out to an old school I've been wanting to try. On the way down I was going through my head of whether this place has been cleaned out but dreaming of big silver and just hoping I would luck up on a Merc at least. This place has a big field behind it that looks perfect for kids to play and tumble and lose their old coins. As soon as I get there I geared up and headed to the field, I made about three swings with the Etrac when I got a decent signal. I think the numbers were around a 12-46 12-47 and was showing it to be shallow. I cut the plug and my pinpointer was telling me it was still in the plug. So I go busting up the clod and out pops Big Silver! I just sat in disbelief and laughed about how crazy it is that I had a Walker within 30 seconds of turning on my machine. I took some pics, fill the hole, stand up and get another high tone 4" over and pull out a Rosie. I am now thinking I'm on untouched ground and start to slowly grid the area when I get another great signal and it's a 64 Washington. I now start to think I'm going to dig a dozen silver coins out of this field but my luck was not going to be that good as I hunted for two hours without anything else. It was well worth the drive and I was happy that I was lucky enough to scratch my silver itch in between all this rain we are getting. The group picture includes some Civil War lead, an Indian Head and a Rosie I dug last weekend. It has been another mild winter here and the Buttercups are even blooming now about a month early. I'm sure we will get rocked with some winter weather before Spring gets here. HH-David

1GW2NJW.jpg tXj6GDm.jpg

0UzXcBV.jpg Z3LibRa.jpg

Upvote 58

Monet4sky

Feb 11, 2019
Upstate ny
Detector(s) used
Xp deus, 9inch coil, HF elliptical, whites underwater pulse induction, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are beauties.....congrats. I hope someday I have adventure like that.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
usually it is the kiss of death to dig silver the 1st hole, but you dug big silver and then found even more! way cool dude!

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing wrong with a three silver day, congrats!:icon_thumright:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Oh man, that’s amazing. That’s like how every noob thinks Detecting is going to be. Step out of the car and find a bunch of silver coins hahahah. Way to go!!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on the nice silver coins

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are beauties.....congrats. I hope someday I have adventure like that.

Thanks! Some hunts are better than others. Just keep at it and have fun! Good luck to ya!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually it is the kiss of death to dig silver the 1st hole, but you dug big silver and then found even more! way cool dude!

Yeah I've done that before. I would have been thrilled with just the Walker the other two were just a nice bonus. Thanks!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the beautiful silver!!

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice big silver, nice medium silver, and nice 2 small silvers! lol The IHP is great too! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, that’s amazing. That’s like how every noob thinks Detecting is going to be. Step out of the car and find a bunch of silver coins hahahah. Way to go!!

Yeah it's easy to do watching all the videos of these awesome hunts on youtube. I guess i could start making videos of all the hours and hours of hunts that I get skunked. But I guess those would be pretty boring. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread