What's new

"Big" find

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
5,762
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Hey hey diggers!
I was checking out some old haunts this weekend getting in a few hours detecting. First time out since May so I was feeling a little rusty but I remembered all the moves lol.

My final target on Sunday was a first for me, a Catherine the Great of Russia coin!
Big honker of a copper! Mine weighs 42g but I read they can vary between 30 and 50g! Dated 1772 and is 40mm diameter and 4mm thick!!
The only coin I've dug larger was a British 2penny cartwheel (51g)

Other fun finds included another first.
A USA Civil War token..
Union For Ever 1864..really neat find!
A Newfoundland 10 cents from 1917, an artillery button from the mid 1800s, and a railroad switch lock key from the Inter Continental Railway ( eastern Canada including New Brunswickand Nova Scotia)..dates no later than 1919

Great start to detecting season, I hope the great finds keep on coming!
 

Attachments

  • 20260928_183549.webp
    20260928_183549.webp
    270.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20260928_183741.webp
    20260928_183741.webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20260928-184118_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20260928-184118_Chrome.webp
    177.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20260928-184251_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20260928-184251_Chrome.webp
    164 KB · Views: 9
  • 20260928_183441.webp
    20260928_183441.webp
    263.7 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 8
Congrats on the fantastic finds ! :hello2:
Going by what I've found and seen posted by others, your Civil War Token is in much better than most !
 
Congrats on the fantastic finds ! :hello2:
Going by what I've found and seen posted by others, your Civil War Token is in much better than most !
Reverse is great but the obverse not so much...cant have it both ways in this case
Yeah sadly they dont do well in the ground
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom