Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found out at 1pm today I didn't have to work from 2-6 and it didn't take me long to figure out what I was going
to do. In early December doing some research I found this tourist camp, got permission and had to wait on the
weather. Checked the ground there on 1-3-11 and it was frozen even though this site is in the woods now.
Hunted for 2 hours and only came away with 2 clad quarters, 1 zincoln, 44d wheatie, mini brass bell and a
president cracker jack coin. No silver today and its in there but its going to make me work for it. I'm sure this
site has been detected before. Had fun but got cold to soon.

DSCN0538.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0539.JPG
    DSCN0539.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN0540.JPG
    DSCN0540.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0542.JPG
    DSCN0542.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN0543.JPG
    DSCN0543.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN0544.JPG
    DSCN0544.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 138
Welcome to the 2011 Season DFW,Like the pics alot bud,thanks for posting them,you did ok without the silver and as you said it is in there,get'em next time :wink:
Get yourself a Walls Polar Suit and you will be warm no matter the temp....

Soup

Nice pictures! and the coins are pretty cool. How old would you say the cracker jack coin is? From the 50's?

Gimmie The Loot said:
Nice pictures! and the coins are pretty cool. How old would you say the cracker jack coin is? From the 50's?

Don't know when the coins were put in the cracker jack as a prize.
I'll try and look it up.
1930's

I want to see picture's of the bell!!!! I have never dug one before!!!!! I was going to type in all caps because it was exciting to see but decided not to!!! Chug

Chug and Red said:
I want to see picture's of the bell!!!! I have never dug one before!!!!! I was going to type in all caps because it was exciting to see but decided not to!!! Chug

DSCN0545.JPG

That is great One day I will dig one!!! Thanks Chug

Looks like a great place to hunt. Keep it up and hopefully the labors of your research will pay off.

When your done hunting that location, it would great to see what it looks like today.

nice digs rich, that bell looks pretty cool, i also wondered if the ringy dingy was intact.

Kimsdad ''Where's MY seated?'' said:
Nice finds, Rich!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That bell is nice, does it still have the ringer thinger?
It is in there, you can see part of it in pic #5, rusty but still HANGING in there.

I'm with the others on this one Rich, that bell rocks! All the ones I've gotten were smashed or shattered.

Great site and with that bell still there, you can bet the site wasn't well-hunted!

Looks like a great place to dig. Hope you pick up some silver on your next dig there. Good job on the research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back