Hit the lake this morning early, before it got swamped with tourists.
Listening to guys going on and on about the 'Stork Leg' shaft for the Manticore and how easy it swings in the water. Sorry, nothing available for the Deus.
Well, I guess it's up to me!
I cut the coil mount off my OEM plastic bottom shaft, and a small portion off of my aluminum mid-shaft (both had already been replaced by carbon fiber shafts), bought a graphite golf driver at the thrift store for $2, epoxied it all together, and voilà!
I was able to cover twice the area in the normal time.
The results: Not much for jewelry today, but not bad for a beach that's hunted every day, sometimes by several hunters!
Old brass Lip Palmade tube:
Looks like these presidential tokens were made by Scoville in the 1920's to 1950's (so says google):
Found a 1944 wheatie right next to the token:
And the usual toys:
$7.35 in clad is unheard of at this beach!
Also, no shoulder soreness on the drive home, that too is unheard of for me.
Listening to guys going on and on about the 'Stork Leg' shaft for the Manticore and how easy it swings in the water. Sorry, nothing available for the Deus.
Well, I guess it's up to me!
I cut the coil mount off my OEM plastic bottom shaft, and a small portion off of my aluminum mid-shaft (both had already been replaced by carbon fiber shafts), bought a graphite golf driver at the thrift store for $2, epoxied it all together, and voilà!
I was able to cover twice the area in the normal time.
The results: Not much for jewelry today, but not bad for a beach that's hunted every day, sometimes by several hunters!
Old brass Lip Palmade tube:
Looks like these presidential tokens were made by Scoville in the 1920's to 1950's (so says google):
Found a 1944 wheatie right next to the token:
And the usual toys:
$7.35 in clad is unheard of at this beach!
Also, no shoulder soreness on the drive home, that too is unheard of for me.

Upvote
11








