What's new

First hunt of the fall! 2 shield nickels!

Oldrvrrat57

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
984
Reaction score
6,402
Golden Thread
1
Location
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Farmers are starting the fall harvest , so my hunting season starts because I usually only hunt old home sites, hit a site today that I've hunted for several years and like I say a site is never hunted out! Today I added a couple more shield nickels to my collection a 1876 and 1866 with rays. Drove around the county and found several more sites that have been harvested! Looking like a busy week ahead!
1000006768.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000006767.webp
    1000006767.webp
    627 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 25
Nice job on the two Nickels. Glad it's Fall by you, we are still in the mid 80's and I've only seen one field that's been taken in here in the part of Illinois where I live.
 
Nice finds! I think I still have a month before harvest time.
 
Nice hunt, congrats on the 2 Shield Nickels.

The silage is just starting to come off. Though I did see a bean field being harvested. So it's getting close to having things open up again.
 
Nice !!! Congrats !!! I've only found one in all these years, found it in the historic ghost town of Altman up above Cripple Creek. It no longer exists even the mountain saddle it sat on has been completely removed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom