First hunt with Simplex, liking it so far!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody! Wow. Amazed how much detector you get with the Simplex for the price. Very fun machine. Took it out on first flight today after receiving it Sunday. Found a 1959 Memorial, 1918 wheatback and 1963 nickel, in about 2 hours. Super trashy old home site that dates back to at least 1952. Running park 2, sens. between 3-5, no notching, iron volume at 1. GB was about 53 in this spot. Great depth on this machine, can't ask for much more at this price point. I remember buying a Fisher F2 back in 2009, (great machine) sold it and bought another a few years later. For about 50 bucks more I feel like I have take a trip in a time machine to the future. I feel this machine will be able to easily keep up with my Teknetics Patriot, (at least) once I learn it. Time will tell. Very excited to get back out and hopefully find some silvers in this spot. Happy hunting, Scott

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Simplex last year and did 30 hunts with it. I'm just really starting to get the most out of it after using Park 1 mode pretty much exclusively. It is indeed an amazing machine for the money. My previous machines were Tesoro beep and dig machines and moving to the Simplex is like a whole new metal detecting experience. The Simplex has made metal detecting fun again.

It also helps that I am an avid kayaker so having a fully submersible metal detector that I can strap to my kayak and head down the river with is a definite bonus. If it gets lost or broken, it doesn't cost much to replace it.

I spent a lot of time contemplating which detector to buy. I "almost" bought the Vanquish (which is also a great machine for the money). But the waterproof capabilities of the Simplex sold me. I have absolutely no regrets at all.

Enjoy your new machine! I think you are going to love it.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I had a Vaquero and 2 Compadres awhile back. Vaquero and I butted heads. Finds just not great. Loved Compadre though! I really like this Simplex though. Found my first V nickel (1908) today with it! Any advice on faint tones that don't ID?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread