What's new

First hunt with the Wot excal 1000 combo

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
644
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally able to get back out for a test hunt with the Wot. I like it! Nothing special found today but have hunted this beach before and didn't get much at all until today. So long 10" coil! Just bling and coins though. Minus 1 quarter I gave to a curious kid that was interested in how it all works. Future MD'er image-2625866725.webp Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

image-1516842740.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow brother that looks like a Killer setup!! Nice!!
 
Yes sir, I used all the intel I gathered from your videos and the questions you've answered. Couldn't have done it without you. Your knowledge is what has got me to where I am. Thank you master!!
Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Last edited:
Wow brother that looks like a Killer setup!! Nice!!

It looks even nicer in person, I had the pleasure of meeting and seeing LIR in action yesterday, quite the setup and appears to be well balanced too.

Cliff
 
It looks even nicer in person, I had the pleasure of meeting and seeing LIR in action yesterday, quite the setup and appears to be well balanced too. Cliff
Glad to meet you too yesterday Cliff! It's good to be able to meet some fellow hunters in the area. These forums are really cool, especially when you end up realizing you just met someone you've previously had conversation with. Nice to put a face to the avatar. Be safe out there and happy hunting

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Cool setup. I want it.
 
Looks great!

I wish you the best with the WOT

Lorraine
 
Nice looking set up...how does that coil cut through the water compared to the 10 inch?
 
Nice looking set up...how does that coil cut through the water compared to the 10 inch?
Not absolutely terrible but not that great either. About as much as a dual field if that helps. The 10" one the excal 1000 is heavy and I was surprise at how light the WOT is. Big difference in weight.
Cutting through water compared to the 10" on the 1000 not much of a difference but then again I've not hunted it in rough water yet. My opinion.... Get one!
Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Last edited:
Nice looking set up...how does that coil cut through the water compared to the 10 inch?
I have been using WOT coils for over 5 years in the water, I learned to move coik with the ebb and flow of the surf/water to hunt when in shallow water, in water waist deep and deeper there isn't an issue for me at all......
 
Glad you responded TH, it's better someone with experience give their point of view. Besides your responses on the WOT are always reassuring!
I tried not to get caught up in the it's good it's bad situation. I've read how heavy the The WOT is but I don't find that to be true at all!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Glad you responded TH, it's better someone with experience give their point of view. Besides your responses on the WOT are always reassuring!
I tried not to get caught up in the it's good it's bad situation. I've read how heavy the The WOT is but I don't find that to be true at all!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
I'm going on 66 and I have no trouble swinging the WOT or the SEF 12x15" in the water or on land, it is like anything you use, you learn the tricks to make it as easy as possible.

I always hunt with harness even when I was using the 10 inch coil. I learned to let the water do most of the work swinging the coil for me when hunting in the water with surf.
 
Thanks for the info.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom