First hunt with X-Terra Pro!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the new machine out for first time to a huge old farm field where I found a few wheats, V nickel (date not visible) some clad and a few 1901 Repeater shotgun headstamps. Hit this spot hard many times with the Patriot and Simplex. GB was 44 in this spot. Set on park 1 mode, (meant to use field, d'oh) sens 23. Amazed at how well the auto noise cancel worked. My other machines require turning down sens quite a bit due to nearby power lines. Hit the zincoln right away, 60-62 ID hoping it was an IH. This machine is so smooth and quiet. It felt very relaxed, nice soft tones and not a bunch of chatter and falsing. I swung fairly slow due to trash from the house that was torn down here. After an hour or so I realized my mistake and switched to field 1 mode then I found the shotgun shell which hit hard! The X-Terra pinpoint is the best I have tried. Even with the big stock coil, very precise and easy to size objects. Finished the 3rd 40' x40' grid and then swung around a big palm tree, when I got the 78-80 ID which was the 1958 wheatback. After about 3 hours I was really hooked on this machine! Walked right over these finds with my Simplex! There is nothing I didn't like about the X-Terra Pro which is rare for me, lol. Plenty of options, easy to swing, button layout great and buttons easy to push. Tones are amazing. Minelab really dialed this thing in nicely. Gonna be tough for other brands to compete, even at a higher price point!

Attachments

• 20230404_133021.jpg
    20230404_133021.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the recoveries. I'm almost convinced to order a xterra pro just for a newer lighter machine. There has been a few good youtube videos of the xterra. What frequency mode were you hunting in? The 5khz should really grab on to the copper & silver coins. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the recoveries. I'm almost convinced to order a xterra pro just for a newer lighter machine. There has been a few good youtube videos of the xterra. What frequency mode were you hunting in? The 5khz should really grab on to the copper & silver coins. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks brother, I ran 10 khz most of the time, but did try 15 (a bit more chatter) and 5 khz. I got some solid (loud) hits right away with 5khz which ended up being pull tabs with a fairly high (good) vdi. So I switched back to 10 khz just to get acquainted with it for awhile. Next time I hit this spot I will run 5 khz exclusively and see if it produces. I would highly recommend the XT Pro. I've never had super high end machines, but I have had quite a few mid range detectors: Vaquero, X-Terra 505, Tek Omega, Tek Patriot, Simplex. This one seems to outshine them from my short time with it so far.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks brother, I ran 10 khz most of the time, but did try 15 (a bit more chatter) and 5 khz. I got some solid (loud) hits right away with 5khz which ended up being pull tabs with a fairly high (good) vdi. So I switched back to 10 khz just to get acquainted with it for awhile. Next time I hit this spot I will run 5 khz exclusively and see if it produces. I would highly recommend the XT Pro. I've never had super high end machines, but I have had quite a few mid range detectors: Vaquero, X-Terra 505, Tek Omega, Tek Patriot, Simplex. This one seems to outshine them from my short time with it so far.
Yeah at the price point of the xterra pro, it really intrigued me. The vids I have seen of that machine, it runs super stable & goes deep. I hope to see more great finds from you & your new machine. I also like that the xterra pro excepts/uses Nox coils. So you have a big coil selection as well.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again. I'm waiting for the XT Pro coils to be available and hoping the price will be decent. I see the Vanquish coils are priced at $119. Seems that the XT Pro coils will be similarly priced considering the low price of the machine. If they are trying to compete with the Simplex one would think the X Terra coils would be less than the Nox coils of $175 and up. Heading to a nearby park tomorrow, hoping to find some of that yellow metal! Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread