thebirdflu
Full Member
So I have been working on a yard for months now. It's two houses from mine and I have free reign to hunt it anytime. I went there Thursday for a quick fix. The targets are getting thin as I have dug a lot out over the months. So far I have only found one silver, a '34 merc, and close to 30 wheat cents and some pretty neat relics. This time I focused on the edge of the sidewalk. I haven't spent much time there yet because I've mostly found trash and zincolns there. I decided to dig everything this time and I'm glad I did. I got this choppy 75-76 on the AT Pro and I thought it was another zincoln. I pulled this out about 4" down right against the concrete. I didn't even recognize the design on the reverse at first. I had to do a quick "spit clean" on the spot and I couldn't believe it. My first IH and my oldest coin to date - 1904. I'm so stoked about it!


The pics are after a cleaning with a toothbrush and soap. I would like to clean it more but keep the green toning if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks and happy hunting everyone!


The pics are after a cleaning with a toothbrush and soap. I would like to clean it more but keep the green toning if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks and happy hunting everyone!
Upvote
24
Gotta dig those zinc signals if you want to pull more of those IHPs. Dug my 1st IHP last year at a trashy defunct mobile home park site.








