May 12, 2015
Erie County, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 500
Garrett GTAX 550
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this at a place that was built in 1971. Obviously the site had an even older history! I knew exactly what it was when it hit the sunlight because I have been looking at other people's finds. This is my oldest coin yet at 193 years old. I don't know what its worth but I thought I would post it. 1822largecentfront.jpg1822largecent.jpg

Upvote 33
Congrats on your first LC. Its worth whatever you want it to be worth, because its your first one & memories are priceless !

That's a nice one; lots of nice detail.
If you can read the date it's a real winner in my book. Congrats.

May there be many more.

Thanks everyone!! This is a great forum... the best! I did clean it off with soap and water between my fingers before posting a photo which is not such a great idea for copper I am learning. Live and learn. Some of the coins y'all have found are just incredible. Good luck digging today everyone!!

Thanks everyone!! This is a great forum... the best! I did clean it off with soap and water between my fingers before posting a photo which is not such a great idea for copper I am learning. Live and learn. Some of the coins y'all have found are just incredible. Good luck digging today everyone!!

I assume your addicted to this hobby now huh??
This forum is almost as addicting as metal detecting.

Now you need to go get that next great find.

Last edited:
History

I found two large cent pieces last year my first year of dirt fishing. I found it fascinating each time imagining what was going on in the world during the coins time above ground. The Wild West was really wild back then, etc.

Love those old coppas ...congrats on your first LC

Great find. Jealous...still searching for my first.

A keeper in my book! Great job! 😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back