104.7 KB · Views: 378
  • Perf. Disc.1.JPG
    Perf. Disc.1.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
badandy said:
Here is a nice little Perforated Discodial from Indiana I got in the mail yesterday. Made from granite and is a real nice piece in hand. Thanks for looking!
badandy
Is that what that is?I,ve got something simiular,I,ll post pic when I have more time.That is really nice!

Jeff
What time period was it made?

OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Thanks guys! I believe they are from the Mississippian time period, and were used as gameing stones. I should have the frame done by the 20th at the show if anyone can come, stop on by.
badandy

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
badandy said:
Thanks guys! I believe they are from the Mississippian time period, and were used as gameing stones. I should have the frame done by the 20th at the show if anyone can come, stop on by.
badandy
Hey Andy,
This is not much like what you have ,but do you have an opinion on what it is. I found it many years ago in my best producing site. I thought it was a bead or something.
Jeff

Attachments

• Picture 59.jpg
    Picture 59.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 251
OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Jeff,
It is hard to tell from the pic., but is the hole all the way through? The shape says small cone to me, but like I said it's hard to tell. If you can try and take a pic. in the sunlight of it. For some reason they always look better in sunlight.
badandy

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
badandy said:
Jeff,
It is hard to tell from the pic., but is the hole all the way through? The shape says small cone to me, but like I said it's hard to tell. If you can try and take a pic. in the sunlight of it. For some reason they always look better in sunlight.
badandy
YES IT HAS HOLE ALL THE WAT THROUGH.Maybe I,ll det a digital camera for Christmas. I know my webcam,cheapie at that does not do any of my pics well.
Thanks,Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions