First Quarter Box = Beginners Luck

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Quarter Box = Beginner's Luck

I normally search just halves when it comes to boxes, but the bank didn't have any on hand today, so I grabbed a box of quarters on a whim, just hoping to finish off a roll of Bicentennials I had been putting together. About 1/3 of the way thru I pulled a '64d - was a total shock! It's my second silver Washington in the wild - my first was pretty lucky too - pulled it from about $900 in CWRs on my first try w/ CWR quarters.
Managed 9 bicents as well.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457481531.388704.jpg

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finding a silver qtr in a box these days is like having a car salesman not lie to you. nice catch

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...why do people collect bicentennials? I used to do it as a kid but I didn't believe they actually had any value. I just liked them and thought it was fun.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...why do people collect bicentennials? I used to do it as a kid but I didn't believe they actually had any value. I just liked them and thought it was fun.

I think you answered you're own question rryanq :laughing7:

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're telling me there's no value? You all just like them???

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
They minted 809M in Philadelphia and 860M in Denver. I doubt they will ever have any value. But, I still collect them. I also like bicentennial halves and steel pennies.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score there BB! I got a box of quarters last week so I could fill all the slots in my States boxes to make rings out of, I was hoping I would find a silver but no luck, I still have to buy one more box to finish filling everything though so you never know! HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread