What's new

First Real Find

recoiljunky

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dothan, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Hey Guys, here's my first find other than bottle caps or pull tabs. I bet nobody else has found one of these for their first find:

photobucket-2226-1362272738162_zps3ea3f8cc.jpg


It's a Dive Rite LED 700 [URL]http://www.pricefalls.com/products/Dive-Rite-Led-700-Flashlight/id/34475567?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=PLA&utm_content=40562739751&utm_campaign=pla-listings[/URL]

I found it in about 6' of water outside of a popular spring opening with my Excaliber; it about blew my eardrums out. One wave of the hand was all it took to get the silt and moss off of it and expose it.

The batteries are even fresh. :)
 
Upvote 0
I'll settle for one of those for my first "real" find! :occasion14:
 
woooooooooow!
 
Now that is a keeper worth finding. Good find. Papa
 
Thanks for the kind words. I was hoping to get in on some old coins that had been tossed into the spring, but I didn't have my bouyancy right. I really needed a lot more weight to keep me glued to the bottom so I would have leverage against the detector. Instead I went flipping from side to side whenever I tried to scan the bottom. The current coming out of the spring was tearing me up too.
 
Nice find and something you can use at that!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom