What's new

First session back

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Had a couple of tentative hours searching yesterday. First time out after the operation. I tried to avoid the areas on the field, where the soil was very compacted, due to farm machinery. I didn't want any hard digging. After a couple of hours I felt fine (:thumbsup: nice one NHS). Managed four coins, the best being a 1817 George III silver sixpence. George III silver sixpences are the commonest of all georgian silver coins. Having said that they are still hard to find, not a lot of silver in circulation at those times. The sixpence I found though is a little special. It's got a die flaw in the date, the 8 as barely been applied, probably due to a die clog. This makes the coin collectable. :occasion14:. Not bad for session one.:laughing7:. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6749.webp
    IMG_6749.webp
    181.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6750.webp
    IMG_6750.webp
    163.4 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 24
Nice coin, congratulations. Hope you get back to 100% soon.
 
Nice Bullhead Robert, getting one never seemed to be a hard one, but in this condition is a different story as I finally got one this past season that was in pretty good shape. I'm liking the die flaw on this one you got, it's good find for the first go at digging after the surgery. Great to hear that there was no problems getting out and playing in the dirt, and that must make you smile as the season is just starting off for you.
Here's a pic. of the one I snagged in the spring.

P1010644.webp
 
Beautiful old sixpence there.Yes, the die error makes it extra special.
 
Very nice find. The die error makes that coin. Congrats.

Get well soon!
 
Nice! You haven't missed a beat! Out swinging n finding! Awesome!
 
Cheers pepperj, that's a very nice bullhead you got there.:thumbsup:
 
Glad your back swinging and a nice way to start
 
& then tend to be more worn than that good example.
 
MR.ROB WAY TO GO ON THE COINS . ID SAY YOUR BACK 110 PERCENT.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom