watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at the weather channel while eating lunch, I figured I better get out
for at least an hour or two before the projected snowfall becomes a reality.

I went to the nearest FP and spent about 1-1/2 hours wandering aimlessly through
the woods looking for tell-tail remnants of past camping activity. . . stone campfire
rings, old cans, or any other iron signals that were at least 3" deep.

I was about ready to call it a day until I got a solid nickel signal which materialized
into a crisp, 1926 Buffalo at 5-inches. After rechecking the hole (nothing) and then
spiraling out, I got a solid 83 VDI about 10-feet away which turned out to be my
first silver of 2011. . . a 1911 Barber Quarter (finally).

Hopefully, there'll be more of these this season :P thanks for looking!

_DSC1181.JPG

wow, nice call to sneak in a hunt before more snow, it paid off well congrats.

CONGRATS ON GETTING A BARBER QUARTER for your first silver coin.

Awesome hunt, Mark!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was so tempted to run out & join you, but I was a victim of soicumstance and couldn't. :-\

I'm glad you're on the board with a quarter! :wink:

Congrats Mark on the Barber Quarter find. Don't you have that luck often(ready to call it a day and
then you find some goodies)?

Now that's quality first silver for the year that most people wish for. Way to go, Mark!

Nice looking Barber Quarter and what a way to start your 2011 silver tally with a bang! :hello2:

Your Buffalo cleaned up real nice also.

Congratulations on picking up your Barber and Buffalo :icon_thumright:

nice job on the silver, those are always sweet. I really like the nickels now too, not sure what it is but i love em :icon_thumright:

It is always good to get a hunt in before the bad weather hits. WtG on the silver :icon_thumleft:

Sweet first silver Mark! Congrats. :thumbsup:

First Silver of the year and its a Barber Quarter to boot....Now that is gettin it done... :headbang:

HH Soup

A classy combo Mark!

Hey Mayo, when have we NOT wandered aimlessly? We are a couple of the BEST aimless wanderers in the pantheon of MD'ing history!

Wow! Great hunt.
I would be happy to find one Barber quarter all year let alone on my first hunt.

Congrats!!!!

Makton

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back