What's new

First silver proof this year for me.. Pics

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
First silver proof this year for me.. Pic's

One of my boxes today produce a small variety. Acouple of 40%'s a couple of Clad Proofs a Nice Ben Franklin An 87P and a 2001 Silver proof.

This is only the 4th Silver proof i've found in the 4 years of heavy lifting i've been doing.

I took some pic's to show the edge. when I cracked the roll it seememed like a ray of sunshine gleaming out between the dirty clads.

The silver proof is in the middle surrounded by a really nice Franklin and a clad proof the 87P is on the bottom and a 40%'r is on the top

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • 2001silver.webp
    2001silver.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 314
  • edge.webp
    edge.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 311
  • edge2.webp
    edge2.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 341
  • edge3.webp
    edge3.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
Re: First silver proof this year for me.. Pic's

Congrats !
I have a question.
I found a 1974 half in brilliant condition, no mm, silver edge.
Could it possibly be out of a set >?
It is by far the brightest coin I have found, including some NIFC's.
 
Re: First silver proof this year for me.. Pic's

NaturalJWL said:
Congrats !
I have a question.
I found a 1974 half in brilliant condition, no mm, silver edge.
Could it possibly be out of a set >?
It is by far the brightest coin I have found, including some NIFC's.

I Don't believe you have anything other than a Chrome plated 74P

IMHO.... Got a pic?

Mojo
 
Re: First silver proof this year for me.. Pic's

Nothing beats the big white edge of a modern silver proof! Found 5 so far; 96s, 98s, 00s, 05s, 06s. Wish to find one per year.
 
Re: First silver proof this year for me.. Pic's

Nice find ! Never got one of them. Are you a professional photographer?

Rich
 
Re: First silver proof this year for me.. Pic's

Rich Hartford said:
Are you a professional photographer?
Rich

No I'm not, but I play one on TV..... Yuk Yuk Yuk.

I take about 30 picks upload them pick the clearest ones and use a program (printkey) to crop them or enlarge them. I try to get the best angles and views to show my CRH'g friends all the things that bring me joy....

I just have a cheap Olympus digital camera that has a macro setting and I'm trying to explore all the neat features to help get better shots. I have a florescent lighting in my basement mancave and usually the flash isn't necessary. Also try to use a black cloth or that blue felt pad for contrast.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom