What's new

First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41 nickle

BandB1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41' nickle

Hello, SE Michigan here.

Found my first silver washington quarter at the park today. The picture shows it basically
​
as it came out of the ground ( didnt even rinse it with water.) I've only found
​
4 silvers so far, but am beginning to notice that they are affected by the soil
​
differently than clad, and are obviously silver. (Although my first silver rosie
​
60', I didnt realize I had till I got home. Would like to thank JimC. for suggesting
​
that I clean silver, using moist baking soda and rubbing with fingers
​
, I did this on my 46' and 64' that I found yesterday and was
​
very pleased with the results, the pictures that I posted don't do em justice.
​

Also found a 41' nickle that is in horrible shape, can barely make out date and can't
​
make out the mint mark.

[attachment=1]

HH
 

Attachments

  • aaa.webp
    aaa.webp
    95 KB · Views: 180
Re: First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41' nickle

Nice quarter. I've yet to find one. They were probably easy pickens in the 70's/80's silver boom. Hard to find. AMC
 
Re: First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41' nickle

Nice quarter! I have yet to pull any myself. But just getting back into it. Although last night at the school yard I pulled a 1943 Nickel. It hasabout 35% silver in it and came out very clean from about 3" down. Congrats again on your find and continued luck! :thumbsup:
 
Re: First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41' nickle

Thank you AMC rulz, U.P. Northwoods.

Congrats on the war nickle.

HH
 
Re: First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41' nickle

Way to go Band, that's some good digging!
 
Re: First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41' nickle

Thank you prober.

HH
 
Re: First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41' nickle

Big congrats on your first Washington quarter :thumbsup:
 
Re: First Silver Washington quarter/1 wheat/ and a sad 41' nickle

Thankyou Giant.

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom