What's new

First Silver With My New Toy lol

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new CTX arrived yesterday and with a little over an hour to play with it, the kid and I did a little swinging in the yard.
My first hit was a 12-46 at 4". I flip a plug and see this small blue canister. Little did I know the kid buried it here back when we got our new AT Pros late Febuary. He buried different things so we could play around and see what different items would ring up as. I had no idea he buried this and he totally forgot about it until it popped out of the ground. lol.
Not bad for a first find although the kid says I can't count it in my silver count. Lol
This evening when I got home from work we did a little more swinging with the CTX. The kid finds a 1889 Indian Head and I found what I first thought was a silver ring. It's not marked, it looks good but, we think it's just a junker. It also rang up 12-46.
I can never get the kids pics of his finds so I'll have to post a pic of his IH later.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 34
great_find.gif
The best part - building memories with the "kid"! :) Thanks for sharing...
 
Looks like the CTX was showing off for the ATPs! Nice, finding memories, the silver, IH and ring! That's awesome.

I've been looking over the years for a one gallon paint can/time capsule my kids buried years back. I was beginning to wonder just how deep they buried it, till the other day my son happened to mentioned they had dug it up about a year after they buried it, for ice cream money! Lol!
So I've been looking for something that's not even there! I was beginning to doubt my detector's ability, but you can't find what's not there!
 
I'd count it. You found it, right? Wtg on the find with the new 'tector.
 
Silver is silver
 
Silver is silver!! Good break in!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom