First Standing Liberty

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,
I can't believe the luck I've been having with my new 3D... Went to a new place today, trying to beat the rain.
Less then a couple of min's into the hunt I pulll this 1928 Standing Liberty Quarter out from just 4" down... Me and my Cousin, who is the one that found the spot, thanks Cuz.., knew the spot had some real potential... I also ended up finding a 1939 mercury, and a 1963 Roosevelt in less then a half hour...Then it rained hard? :'(

[cen
We went back later, for about another hour or so, and my Cuz found another Merc, and a few wheaties? ;D
I found an old costume pindant with a baby pic in it, & a wheatie
We will definitly be going back to this spot again...

Hope you all have (some of, not all of) the luck I've been having,,,lol
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Happy Hunting~

Upvote 0
Lookout! Leon's on the prowl again! I'm going to start gaurding my silvers with this dude around. :D ;D

That was a spectacular hunt! The best I've ever done in a park for silver was 2 dimes in a half hour. Then it got dark, and as it was in a gang area, I didn't hang around.

lab rat said:
and as it was in a gang area, I didn't hang around.
I think you hit the nail on the head with that, Lab rat... I'm thinking the reason the silver is still in this spot is because of where it is laocated, and noone in their right mind would go into this area. ( Hint ) This is one area I wouldn't go hunt by myself... Me & my buddies will be hitting this spot for quite awhile, ( in the early hours of the day,,, lol )

Leon,
I wish my short trips out would be like yours. Nice job, and by the way what detector are you using?
Woodworker40

Nice Digs Leon! Love that silver! Is the 3D hitting deep yet? I'd like to try one out but since I basically dig everything deep with the ol' CZ-7 I figure it comes out about the same. HH!

Hey all,
lwoodworker40 , I'm using the new CZ-3D I just received from Kellyco, and your probably right Lowbatts.
I haven't had the chance to use a CZ-7, but have used the CZ-5, & 6's. This 3D is basically the same animal, it acts the same as the other CZ's. The only difference, I think, is the fact that the 3D is supposed to high-tone some coins that most other detectors read as low, or medium, causing you to dig more,,, not sure if this is good or bad yet... Been digging a lot of trash, but most of that is just because I'm playing around trying to figure this thing out..
Haven't really dug anything over 6" down yet, although I feel that the 3D, or any CZ, would detect half way to china.

Thanks Guys
Happy Hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back