First time back this year to one of my better sites. Barber, v nick, ihs, relics

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[SUB]
Today I got a chance to get back to my "supper sweet turn of the 19th century picnic site". Signals are getting fewer but still managing to find some goodies. [/SUB] image.jpg Coins are a 1917 Lincoln, 1898,97,94 IHs. Also a 1894 v nickel and last a 1900 s barber dime. image.jpg Picked up more assorted glass, looks like small ring missing stone or what ever it was in it. Last what I am guessing is some type of clip for holding up garments like socks or something and a really cool tag with the name ( F. GASTEL JR. HAMMOND IND.) I think I will look into finding the family. It was nice to get out and make a good find or two again! H.H.!

Pictures got fliped, hope this is better. image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 8
Kudos to you Helix. Nice finds all. Thanks for the post and good luck. C9

Hex are you a suspect of all these finds.Glass bottles, indian head pennies ,they are always fine, but the luggage tag rider who was passing thru ,and a scale ruler to size them all up for you.vanzutphen .COOL

I found a Frank Gastel Jr. living in Indiana Harbor (witch is near Hammond) in 1911. Possibly same guy? :icon_scratch:

Congrats on the really nice finds. That baggage tag looks really cool and old! Very well done.

I looked into the clip item and its is called a "wizard clip" patted Oct. 7th 1899- Nov. 7th 1902. Says its a clip men used for holding detachable cuffs and collars to shirts. Also sugestes these were used to cheet in card games with one end cliped to sleeve and other cliped to card. Thanks for the comments H.H!

Nice finds and cool story about the "cheater clip". Pays to do your research. HH:thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us .

Great digs!!!

Oh, by the way... I am squeezing for your Blackhawks this week... good luck w/ the Cup

Great digs!
Went to my first "honey hole" two weeks ago. Not much, but still scored an LC.
Ya never know...
GL
Peace ✌

Nice finds Helix ..I found a couple of the Wizard cuff clips ..funny device ..was nickel plated originally.good hunting

Great assortment of finds, liking the name tag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back