What's new

First time out in a while, silver!

djabend

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
766
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
I have not been hunting for a few years and decided to dust off the detectors now that it is warming up again.
Just a quiet hunt in the cow field next door, lots of iron and trash.
Got an 81 and flipped the plug to see this
DSC04159.webp
Worn silver disc!
Please be old.....



Nope 1935 merc
DSC04174.webp
DSC04173.webp


At least its silver and I got out detecting again :icon_thumright:

HH,
Donny
 
Last edited:
Upvote 10
Thats older than whats typical out here, usually mid 40s here , nice pictures too :occasion14:
 
Thats older than whats typical out here, usually mid 40s here , nice pictures too :occasion14:

I was just hoping for older as I have pulled a few large cents 100 years older from that field.
Only silver I found there before was a 1749 half reale.
 
Any day I pull silver , is a good day. Congrats on the Merc. Keep digging , you'll find some older silver sooner or later.
 
'35 silver is nothing to sneeze at. I'd take it any day of the week...Brad
 
Great find - nice way to dust of the cob webs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom