first time out with my ace 250

jason_b

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2010
hello all I'm new to the forum and got me and my daughter our first detector. The weather was nice today so we took it out to a beach on Stockton lake. We found one penny and a ton of pull tabs! :-\ A little back ground on why we started detecting, I have a 14 year old daughter that was diagnosed with diabetes when she was 6 and she been doing pretty good till here recently, she started getting real depressed and got on some meds for depression. Well she tried to commit suicide her a few weeks ago and I almost lost her. We have been growing apart for years and I never realized it. So while she was in the hospital I was trying to find something we can do together just the two of us. I came across this sight and reading all about md'ing and mentioned it to her and she was all for it! So that's what led us to the beach for our first hunt. Although we didn't find much we both had a blast. So even though we just found one cent and a bunch of pull tabs, I got my daughter back and that's the real treasure I was after all along! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for reading
Jason

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jason_b

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2010
Thanks for all the positive comments you all are a great bunch of people!! I actually live in a small town called lockwood here in Missouri, me and my daughter have found the track where there used to be one of the bigest horse races here in Missouri. We are hoping to get permission to hunt there. I know there was a lot of civil war movement around these parts, and we really want to find out more about that. We are going to go to the library and do some research next week. If any of you civil war buffs know of anything in this area please let me know. I know the town dates back to the 1800s which is awesome! Oh and by the way tonight at my grandmas she found her first dime!!! she is hooked!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread